Mindfulness is an approach to life that helps people relate effectively to their experiences. It involves paying attention to thoughts, feelings and body sensations in a way that can increase our awareness and help us manage difficult experiences, and create space for wise choices.
The purpose of the Mindfulness training day is to teach simple meditation practices, which have been shown to significantly reduce stress and improve functioning in a whole range of life situations and help people to live a happier, healthier life.
Research has shown that mindfulness can help you to pay attention and concentrate more easily and recover from bad moods more quickly. People who practice mindfulness also enjoy more satisfying relationships.
- What is mindfulness?
- What research is there on mindfulness?
- Learning some mindfulness practices
- Group work / discussion / feedback
- Mindfulness communication skills
- Recognising patterns of reacting to stress and learning ways to respond more skilfully to stress
- Information on Mindfulness courses